Pass the Feather: Whitinsville
Contrary to the belief that Indigenous people were only in the past, the tribes are still here. Indigenous people have active roles in their communities and a wide array of careers, while still living the traditions and culture of their ancestors. Join Chief Ladybug and Laughing Eyes of Native Heritage New England to learn about current day Indigenous people and ask any questions you may have.
- 3:05-3:20 Smudge ceremony (held outdoors)
- Youth Session 3:20-3:55
- Explain what we are wearing
- Talk about drums
- Candy Dance - Lesson of patience
- Questions and Answers
- Adult Session 4:05-4:50
- Explanation of the No Evil Project
- See No Evil, Hear No Evil, Speak No Evil Indigenous
- Feast (cookies and punch)
This event along with the accompanying exhibit is part of our Pass the Feather project.
This project is made possible in part by Greater Worcester Community Foundation's Creative Intersections Grant